Mali, Uganda, South Africa and Ghana Ministers of Energy and Investment to join Power Africa, USAID and OPIC at Powering Africa: Summit0
U.S. Government agency Power Africa and EnergyNet unite to bring African ministers and global leading businesses to Washington D.C .to discuss opportunities to develop and invest in power projects.
South Africa’s IPP programme is looking to be derestricted in the coming days. In addition to this the Uganda/Tanzania pipeline is advancing, Ghana’s energy programme is gaining momentum and Morocco is also preparing to tender its gas import terminal in June.
Whilst these programmes are dominating headlines, there is more happening in Cote D’Ivoire, Mozambique, Ethiopia, Mali and beyond. EnergyNet announces the attendance of high level decision makers set to discuss these projects at the Powering Africa: Summit.
Alongside the attendance of H.E. Irene Muloni, Minister for Energy, Mines and Minerals, Uganda, the summit confirms:
- E. Hon. Malick Alhousseini, Minister of Energy and Water, Mali
- E. Hon. Baber Gano, Minister of Investment Promotion and Private Sector, Mali
- E. Hon. Thembisile Majola, Deputy Minister for Energy, Ministry of Energy, South Africa
- E. Hon. William Aidoo, Deputy Minister for Power, Ministry of Energy, Ghana
- Mark Green, Administrator, USAID
- Ray Washburne, President, OPIC
- Jonathan Nash, Acting CEO, Millennium Challenge Corporation
- William Amuna, Senior Advisor to the Hon. Minister, Ministry of Energy, Ghana
- Andy Herscowitz, Coordinator, Power Africa
- Pankaj Gupta, Practice Manager, Financial Solutions, Project Finance and Guarantees, World Bank
“The exhibition side of the Powering Africa: Summit has already sold out which is a great progression from last year when sector confidence was waning. I believe this is a reflection of the growing optimism for projects in 2018.“ said Simon Gosling, Managing Director, EnergyNet
EnergyNet is hosting the 2nd Latin America Energy Forum (LAEF) alongside the Powering Africa: Summit and will be running a non-geo specific ‘Tech and Tools’ stream open to delegates from both conferences. LAEF will focus heavily on gas and will welcome President of the International Gas Union, David Carroll as well as Wilson Ferreira Júnior, President of Eletrobras. Overall this will bring some 500 investors in energy to Washington D.C. this year.
For more information about this meeting:
Meeting dates: 28 February – 2nd March 2018
Venue: Marriott Marquis, Washington, D.C., USA
Contact: Fiona Gleeson
Telephone: +44 (0)20 7384 8240