AfricaCom Awards winners for 2017 announced0
The 10th AfricaCom Awards held at The Lookout, overlooking the waters of Granger Bay, Cape Town, proved to be a stellar occasion for not only the entrants to this year’s awards, but for AfricaCom itself, celebrating its 20th anniversary.
As AfricaCom has grown to embrace all aspects of the digi-sphere, so too the Awards.
We are delighted to recognise the sterling works performed by companies and personalities that are developing solutions and products to improve connectivity that will drive Africa into the fourth industrial revolution. Congratulations to all
said Tom Cuthell, Portfolio Director of KNect365.
Here are the 2017 winners:
- Best Network Improvement – Mauritius Telecom for accelerated FTTH deployment Delivering Excellence in Customer Experience – MTN and Huawei for their Customer Experience Management (CEM)
- Best Network Function Virtualisation solution – Ericsson for the Ericsson HDS (Hyperscale Datacenter System)
- Changing Lives Award – UNHCR for the Smart WiFi Kiosk Most Innovative LTE Service/ Application Deployment – Parallel Wireless for making LTE deployments as easy and as cost-effective as Wi-Fi
- Best Innovation in Broadcast – Broadband Convergence – Telkom and Huawei for their Telkom LIT_ Service solution
- Most Innovative Service “The Business of Tomorrow” – Orange for rural electrification
- Outstanding Data Management or Analytics Solution – BWTech International Limited for NetChart
- IoT Product / Service of the Year – Mahindra Comviva and Econet Wireless for EcoCash Diaspora
- CXO of the Year – Ben Cheik Haidara, CEO, Orange, Bukina Faso.
Speaking on behalf of the judges, Matthew Reed, Practice Leader, Middle East and Africa, Ovum said:
The quality of the entries this year was of an exceptional standard, demonstrating innovation and commitment towards ensuring that all Africans can benefit from access to connectivity and the digital realm. It bodes well for the future of the continent.