GTR Africa Trade & Export Finance Week 20180
Global Trade Review (GTR) welcomes you to join us, our sponsors and our partners for the annual GTR Africa Trade & Export Finance Week 2018, taking place at Cape Town Intl. Convention Centre in Cape Town, South Africa on March 1-2, 2018.
Supported by the likes of Deutsche Bank, Nedbank, Standard Chartered, Standard Bank, BPL Global, Crown Agents Banks, Rand Merchant Bank, MCB, Barak, Export Credit insurance Corporate of South Africa (ECIC), China Systems, Cylde & co, Hogan Levells, International Islamic Trade Finance Corporation, Liberty International Underwriters, Marsh, Rabobank, Sullivan & Worcester, Wilben, Citi Bank, Cornerstone, ExWorks, GKB, Treasury One, ACTSA, African Financial & Economic Data (AFED), African Agri Council (AAC), Chamber International, FCI, ICISA, International Trade & Forfaiting Association (ITFA), UK Export Finance, amongst many others, join us for a day of discussion, debate and networking with the market’s top experts.
Advance your knowledge, create new business opportunities and gain a competitive edge at the market’s premier pan-African trade and export finance gathering.
For well over a decade, GTR Africa Trade & Export Finance Week has been a crucial networking and discussion forum for Africa’s corporates, financiers, trade specialists, ECAs and service providers.
This two-day conference will provide extensive opportunities to create new business, as well as a truly customisable delegate experience.
The conference attendee breakdown is around 35-40% corporates & traders, 20-30% banks & financiers, 10% non-bank financiers, 5-10% consultants & accountants, 5-10% insurers & risk managers, then followed by Lawyers, government organisations & public bodies, fintech & technology and ECAs & multilaterals. In addition, last year’s attendees were 23% c-level, 60% senior-level and 17% mid-level executives.
Who will attend?
- • Local and international banks
- • Multinationals and SMEs
- • Independent financiers
- • Commodity brokers and traders
- • Insurers and risk managers
- • Lawyers and consultants
- • Fintech providers
- • ECAs & multilaterals
This event will cover all aspects of trade, export, commodity and infrastructure finance, exploring innovative funding solutions available to African corporates, identifying key African trade hotspots and project opportunities, providing insight into credit and political risks and much more.
Programme highlights include:
- The CEO panel discussion: Sharing views from the top across key African industries
- Classroom-style breakout sessions offering practical insight on trade and commodityfinance market trends
- Interactive showcase: Compare long-term financing options for Sub-Saharan Africa
- Corporate Treasury Workshop held in association with The Association of CorporateTreasurers of Southern Africa (ACTSA)
- Insurance deal-analysis: A live brokerage session providing deep understanding of how Sub-Saharan trade underwriting decisions are made
- Meet the funds at an afternoon ‘speed-networking’ session, enabling delegates to meet representatives from a range of alternative finance providers
Download the brochure
- Rt. Hon. Mark Simmonds, Former UK Foreign & Commonwealth Office Minister for Africa;
Chairman of the Advisory Board, Invest Africa
- Goolam Ballim, Chief Economist, Standard Bank
- Julian Hitchcock, Group Treasurer, Nampak
- Antois van der Westhuizen, Managing Director, Sub-Saharan Africa, John Deere
- Omri van Zyl, Chief Executive Officer, Agri SA
- Chris Venter, Chief Executive Officer, Afgri
- Emma Wade-Smith, UK Trade Commissioner for Africa, Department for International Trade
- Jean Craven, Director, Barak Fund Management
For media accreditation, please contact Elisabeth Spry at email@example.com
- Simon Sayer, Head of Structured Trade & Export Finance, EMEA, Deutsche Bank
- Carosin Buitendag, Group Treasurer, Omnia
- Raphael Karuaihe, Head of Commodities, Capital Markets, Johannesburg Stock Exchange
View full list of speakers
For media accreditation or more information please contact Elisabeth Spry at firstname.lastname@example.org.
“Most comprehensive coverage of trade finance solutions on the continent!” O Schmueser, Commerzbank
“10 years of excellence. Congratulations!” D Oliphant, Vallis Commodities
Photo by: www.gtreview.com/events/africa/gtr-africa-trade-infrastructure-finance-conference-2017/