East Africa Trade & Commodity Finance Conference 20180
The EAC’s most comprehensive gathering of commodity producers, traders, corporates & financiers
Global Trade Review (GTR) marks ten years in Nairobi with the East Africa Trade & Commodity Finance Conference 2018, the EAC’s most comprehensive gathering of commodity producers, traders, corporates and financiers.
As a partner of the event, InAfrica24, have secured a limited amount of free Corporate rate passes (available to members who are exporters, importers, manufacturers, distributors, traders & producer of physical goods only) which are available on first-come-first-served basis. In addition, members can redeem a 15% discount on any Standard rate pass (available for all others include bankers, insurers, consultants) when booking online with code: INAFRICA15
To register on a free corporate rate pass, please contact Elisabeth Spry at email@example.com with your full contact details. All registrations must be made ahead of the event.
Notwithstanding political risks and structural finance sector challenges impacting the region, a wealth of business opportunity is available to those with an understanding of East African business.
2018’s event will bring experienced trade and finance specialists to the stage to provide insights on operating in this exciting region, including geopolitical updates, innovations in financial technology, techniques enabling the distribution of finance throughout the manufacturing and commodity value chain, and credit and political risk insurance capacities. With over 300 expected to attend in May this is an unmissable event for all those doing business in East Africa.
Topics for discussion include:
- Driving economic growth with Intra-African trade
- Supply chain finance in the manufacturing sector: Boosting competitiveness for SMEs and suppliers
- Regulatory update: The impact of the Kenyan interest rate cap and IFRS9 on trade financing
- Finance sector perspectives: A return to optimism for 2018?
- Mapping the region’s soft commodities sector with a guide to financing the agribusiness value chain
- Case study: Innovative deal structures in the oil & gas sector
- Boost East Africa trade with innovative tech: Artificial intelligence, big data and blockchain
- SME workshop: Growing beyond borders with fintech and ecommerce
- Trade credit and political risk insurance: A case-by-case analysis of the assessment undertaken when evaluating risks and structuring deals
- Investment and financing structures available for impact funds and sustainable investment
Who will you meet?
- Local and international banks
- Multinationals and SMEs
- Independent financiers
- Commodity brokers and traders
- Insurers and risk managers
- Lawyers and consultants
- Fintech providers
- ECAs & multilaterals
East Africa Trade & Commodity Finance Conference 2018
Radisson Blue Hotel Upper Hill | Nairobi, Kenya
May 22-23, 2018
Photo by www.gtreview.com/events/