Public Private Partnership (PPP) Financing, Projects & Contracts – International Training Workshop in Johannesburg0
Africa needs new infrastructure. Roads, airports, schools, hospitals and housing: the list is enormous and growing. Yet severely limited budgets and deficits continue to prevent government at all levels from delivering the kinds of structural change that has always been needed.
Merely grasping the concepts of PPP does not do justice to our great responsibility of having an ownership in Africa’s future. We already know what we need to do, now is the time to really discover HOW.
This 4-day master class aims to do just that. Beginning with an in-depth understanding of how PPPs work, from financial, commercial, project & legal aspects, we seek to push our participants to innovate with real life case studies, group discussions and technical evaluation.
Exclusive Field Visit
Experience how theoretical concepts works in practice with educational field visit to one of Africa’s largest PPP projects, the Gautrain Project, on 24 August. A distinguished guest speaker from Gautrain Management Agency, South Africa, will share their real life challenges and solutions for PPP projects too!
- Financial & Commercial aspect of PPP e.g. funding, how to attract investors, project finance, ROI
- Project aspect of PPP e.g. project planning, cost control, risk, implementation
- Legal aspect of PPP e.g. contract, regulation, dispute resolution
- Sector-by-sector analysis of PPP models and structures
Benefits of Attending
- Source funding for local and international projects
- Evaluate the successes and failures of African private finance
- Implement, structure and strategize PPP/PFI projects
- Review PPP financing options and financial models to optimize ROI
- Learn best practice for the delivery of PPP contracts
- Analyse financial and legal aspects of PPP contracts
- Place African PPP projects in global context and evaluate the future structure, challenges and prospects for African infrastructure
- Apply the principles of African and global private finance experience to other markets
Who Will Attend
- Government officials
- Bankers and financiers
- Investment managers
- Project managers
- Federal and state legal counsels
- Project finance/Structured finance
- PPP units
- Plus anyone responsible for Public Private Partnership (PPP)
From both the public and private sectors, including but not limited to:
- Water & Waste Management
- IT & Telecom
- Public Works
- Commerce and Industry
About Infocus International
Infocus International is a global business intelligence provider of strategic information and professional services for diverse communities, designed to provide insights and to assist our clients on the global stage.
We are one of the major knowledge-management companies strategically based in Singapore, independently researching and producing market-driven programmes across the region mainly in Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa.
For more information contact: