The West Africa Fertilizer Agribusiness Conference is the second special collaboration between CRU Events and The African Fertilizer and Agribusiness Partnership (AFAP). Together, we aim to establish a series of forums focused on demand creation for fertilizer across Africa. In order to achieve this, discussions will take a holistic view of the agribusiness value chain to explore how the public and private sectors can partner to boost fertilizer demand.
After the success of the Africa Fertilizer Agribusiness 2016 conference, held in Dar es Salaam in October 2016, CRU and AFAP have partnered once again to focus on the West African region. By continuing this unique partnership we can offer unrivalled networking opportunities with senior decision makers from the biggest fertilizer buyers and manufacturers in some of the world’s fastest growing fertilizer markets. Building on the outcomes from last year’s event, the conference sessions will be centred around three central pillars of partnership, investment and innovation.
The event will focus on the role of fertilizers within West African agribusiness and how the West African agricultural industry can work with international partners to strengthen and improve its agricultural output. Topics under discussion will also extend beyond the fertilizer supply chain to sessions that explore other agribusiness value chain improvements that can catalyse agricultural transformation and boost fertilizer demand in Africa.
Key features of the conference
- Full three day conference with receptions and extensive networking
- Special SME rate of $500 for eligible companies
- Most comprehensive view of fertilizer supply and the agribusiness value chain
- Unique partnership between CRU and AFAP will bring over 300 attendees
- Local government support to invite regional agribusiness leaders and SMEs
- Focused discussion in dedicated break-out sessions and workshops